Now in late November the weather has turned colder and as a result of several frosty mornings, the farmers are busy emptying their slurry tanks over the fields. Not a day to put the washing out if you want it smelling sweetly of fresh air!
We have been treated to some wildlife treats:
- a stoat, running down the wall in Cow Pasture, next to us
- a woodpecker going about its business in the sycamore in the same field
- our own private murmurations of starlings of countless numbers
- flocks of lapwings, feasting on the fields
- a kestrel inspecting us at low altitude
- the resident bank vole scuttling around in the undergrowth