Wednesday 15 June 2011

Tawny Owl and chicks







More of our resident owl...


A few nights ago, having seen the owl at dusk, I went out quite late & heard two soft squark/squeek calls coming from different parts of the tall ash tree at the corner of the garden. Young ones? So, I stayed out & in the gathering darkness could see movements from one branch to another & occasionally, the adult bird coming back to the tree. Later still one of the chicks flew onto a branch only 15ft from me, but it was so dark that I could only see a bundle of fluff!

Yesterday afternoon, walking Jack in the field, he set off after a rabbit which chased off into the barn. Rabbit, then dog, then I chasing into the barn resulted in owls retreating to ash tree in broad daylight! Hence pictures above!

No comments:

Post a Comment